- “My wife knows English really well. Maybe she’ll translate for me”
? Well, not sure about that… A professional translator is proficient in the source language and a native speaker of the target language and translation is his/her major field of occupation.
- “What’s the problem, I’ll use the professional terms and nobody will be able to tell the difference”
Oh, but they will! Every translator has unique areas of expertise, be it technical, legal, financial, medical, or marketing. The translator must have specific education, knowledge, and experience in translation as well as an excellent understanding of the professional content of the work.
- “I have an excellent translator for my texts, she can also do my interpretation”
There is a profound difference between written translation and interpretation, whether simultaneous or consecutive. These are two separate skills that are not necessarily related to one another.
- “They won’t pay any attention to him, he’s just the interpreter”
The personality of the interpreter is very important. He/she must be a conversationalist, open, quick-thinking, with the ability to summarize main points and bridge gaps between the parties.
- “So some things will fall in the crack, it’s no big deal”
Ah, but it can be a very big deal indeed. The work process must be thorough and controlled while maintaining a polished style, accuracy, and uniformity.
- “Tomorrow, next week, what does it matter?”
We pay attention to client deadlines and break record after record in the rapid turn-around of urgent requests.
- “Sometimes airplane, sometimes aeroplane; in the end, everyone will understand what is meant”
Using the same terminology throughout the text is very important. The work of the same team of translators for each client and the use of advanced technological tools help us maintain uniformity and consistency in translation even when the project is large.
- “The translator was an engineer. I’m sure he’ll do a great job for our law firm”
We provide advice on adjusting the most appropriate translation service for the project while taking into account professional and budgetary considerations.
- “We have translated everything before, but now we have a new version and we need an urgent up-to-date translation!”
To save you time and money, we save previously translated versions and use advanced technologies and software to update versions quickly when your product or service is upgraded.
- “We need a really great translator. How do we find one?”
We personally choose the most suitable translator for each project from a large, professional, and diverse pool of translators.