Simultaneous interpreting differs from consecutive interpreting in that the speaker’s words are translated orally by the interpreter into the target language while he/she are speaking. Quick-wittedness and careful preparation are crucial elements in simultaneous interpreting. To ensure maximum alertness and speed, we provide two highly experienced interpreters who work in 20 minute rotation.
We also provide all the necessary equipment, including high quality amplification equipment, an acoustic booth, transmission system, headphones and an expert technician to accompany the event.
Sample simultaneous interpreting projects:
- A communications company in Ecuador – Teams of 25 interpreters provided English to Spanish simultaneous interpreting services in Quito, Ecuador. As well as interpreters, we also supplied the equipment for simultaneous interpreting and a team of technical writers. The project was conducted intermittently over the course of two years.
- A communications company in Argentina – An intensive 60-day training course was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, for which we supplied a team of English-Spanish interpreters and equipment.
- A communications company in Chile and Colombia – We provided interpreters, equipment and technical staff to multi-participant meetings. During the meetings our client discussed different technical issues regarding the software that was to be installed.
- Amdocs – Lichi Translations provided simultaneous interpretation into Russian for customer training courses.
- 360 – For two large international conferences held in Istanbul and Moscow, we provided a team of simultaneous interpreters and equipment, for a British client who organizes international conferences.